When a person is not able to handle his or her own financial affairs a court can appoint an individual to or professional to act on behalf of that person.

Generally, there are two types of conservatorships, conservatorships of minor children, and conservatorships of incapacitated adults. In both instances, the probate court has jurisdiction to determine if a conservator is necessary and who should be the conservator of the minor child or incapacitated adult. Also, in both instances there is a process in which the minor or incapacitated adult is notified along with the nearest of kin, in order to assure their rights are fully protected.

Stephen Hagler LLC, Attorney at Law has been creating wills, and assisting families in the process of probating or administering estates, and establishing guardianships and conservatorships since 1991. Please give him a call and he will be glad to meet with you and answer any questions you may have.