Stephen H. Hagler
Steve Hagler has been practicing law in Augusta, Georgia and the surrounding area since 1991. His practice is focused primarily on domestic and family law, wills and probate law and Social Security disability claims. He also has experience in personal injury claims and real estate law and has served as guardian ad litem representing minor children and incapacitated adults in custody and guardianship cases respectively.
Steve was born in Augusta, Georgia on December 15, 1964. He graduated from Aquinas High School in 1982 and from Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina in 1986 with a degree in political science. In 1988 Steve moved to Birmingham, Alabama to attend Cumberland School of Law. Upon graduating from law school he moved back to Augusta, Georgia to begin his career as an attorney.
Steve began working for the law office of David L. Huguenin as an associate in 1991 and remained with Mr. Huguenin until 1999 when he started the law firm of Stephen H. Hagler LLC, Attorney at Law. Steve has been fortunate enough to have represented hundreds of men, women and children over the years and has done his best to represent them all in a professional, courteous manner.
While in Birmingham Steve met his future wife, Alice. They were married in 1990 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and have seven children.
- All Superior, State, Magistrate, Civil and Probate Courts in the State of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
Areas of Practice
- Social Security Disability/Supplemental Security Income Claims
- Wills and Probate
- Domestic and Family Law
- 25% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- J.D. – 1991
- Furman University, Greenville, South Carolina
- B.A. – 1986
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives
- Augusta Bar Association
- Executive Committee, Family Law Section of the Augusta Bar Association